SUPPORT DOCUMENTATION FOR L‑1 PETITION
CORPORATE (prospective U.S. employer):
- Certificate and Articles of Incorporation and copies of Share Certificates verifying ownership of U.S. Employer;
- Certificate and Articles of Incorporation and copies of Share Certificates or contracts verifying owners of foreign employer;
- Employer's Federal Tax Identification Number;
- Current annual report and/or audited or unaudited financial statement, or corporate income tax return for both the U.S. Employer and the foreign employer;
- Lease or deed for business premises;
- Any available promotional pamphlets and brochures which describe the company and its various products, service, etc;
- A complete job description for the individual's proposed position — including a list of all job duties; title of immediate supervisor, number and title of persons supervised, and annual salary and benefits information; and
- Full name and title of contact person at company who will coordinate paperwork and the full name and title of the company's authorized signatory for documents.
INDIVIDUAL seeking L-1 status:
- Completed Immigration Questionnaire and L-1 Addendum (KC Forms) (attached);
- Photocopies of individual's passport and those of his immediate family members who will accompany him to the United States ;
- Photocopies of individual's university or trade school diplomas and certificates, with course transcripts, if available;
- Photocopy of most recently available governmental income tax withholding form (similar to the U.S. "W-2" Wage and Tax Withholding Statement, such as Canadian "T‑4," British "P60" or Australian "Group Certificate") showing year, name of foreign employer, name of employee, salary paid, tax withheld, etc.; and
- Individual's resume, curriculum vitae, etc.
This e-mail does not constitute direct legal advice and is for informational purposes only. The information provided should never replace informed counsel when specific immigration-related guidance is needed.
Copyright © 2015 Kuck Immigration Partners LLC. All rights reserved.