SUPPORT DOCUMENTATION FOR THE I-485 APPLICATION TO ADJUST STATUS
FROM I-140 PETITIONER:
- Letter from current employer confirming employment with job title, date employment commenced, and salary as indicated on the approved Labor Certification (Form ETA-750 or Form ETA-9089). The letter must be signed and on company letterhead – We can prepare this if we can obtain a copy of the certified Labor Certification and/or I-140 support letter;
- Photocopy of the Form I-140 Approval Notice;
FROM THE FOREIGN NATIONAL/BENEFICIARY:
- Completed Immigration Questionnaire from the Beneficiary (see separate email from Immigration Tracker for the link along with your username and password);
- Photocopy of long-form/unabridged birth certificate (if not in English include certified English translation). The birth certificates need to reflect your parents’ names;
- Photocopies of all passport pages with biographic information, renewal, visas, entry/exit stamps;
- Photocopy of the front and back of white I-94 Arrival/Departure Record Card showing most recent entry into the United States;
- Photocopies of all Form I-797 (Notice of Actions) and/or Form I-20 Student and/or OPT Employment Authorization Documents evidencing past visa status in the United States for each applicant, as applicable;
- Sealed Medical Examination Results from one of the Immigration-approved Physicians listed on the USCIS’ website found at https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV. Each applicant will need to make an appointment with one of the doctors listed, and take the Form I-693 and Immunization Supplement Form for the doctor to complete. Please do not open the envelope. We will submit the sealed envelope together with the requested forms and supporting documentation;
- 6 passport-style photographs [2 photos are needed for the I-485 Adjustment of Status Application, 2 photos for the optional I-765 Employment Authorization application, and 2 photos for the optional I-131 Advance Parole Travel Document application]. You should confirm with your immigration attorney to make sure that you are eligible to travel outside of the United States without affecting your application;
- If you were arrested for any reason, please obtain court-certified documents of the arrest and disposition and immediately notify our office by phone/email and send us copies by mail. Failure to do so may affect the processing of your case.
Please let us know immediately if you have any family members who will adjust status will you.
If you would like further information about specific case scenarios or situations, please call our office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to one of experienced immigration attorneys.
DISCLAIMER: The confidential information provided in this memorandum is for information purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. This information is not intended to create an attorney-client or other relationship between Kuck Immigration Partners LLC and the recipient. The reader should consult with an immigration attorney before acting in reliance on any such information.