SUPPORT DOCUMENTATION FOR THE I-485 APPLICATION TO ADJUST STATUS
FROM THE FOREIGN NATIONAL AND FAMILY MEMBERS:
- Completed Immigration Questionnaire for each applicant (form attached). It is important that all questions are answered completely and legibly. The answers you provide will be used to complete the immigration forms for your application. We specifically need to know your address for the last 5 years (with dates), full names and biographical information for immediate family members (spouses, children, parents), whether you/your spouse have been previously married, whether you or any of your family members have been arrested for ANY reason;
- Photocopies of long-form/unabridged birth certificates with certified English translation for each applicant. The birth certificates need to reflect your parents’ names;
- Photocopies of all passport pages and U.S. visas for each applicant;
- Photocopies of front and back of Form I-94 card (white card received at the airport) for each applicant showing most recent entry into the USA;
- Photocopies of all Form I-797 (Notice of Actions) and/or Form I-20 Student and/or OPT Employment Authorization Documents evidencing past visa status in the United States for each applicant;
- Photocopies of W-2 Forms for the past 3 years;
- Photocopy of your Federal Income Tax Returns for the most recent tax year;
- Photocopies of marriage certificates with certified English translation;
- Photocopies of termination decrees for past marriages with certified English translation, if applicable;
- 6 passport photographs;
- If you have been arrested for any reason (including traffic offenses) - please obtain court-certified documents of the arrest and disposition and immediately notify our office by phone/email and send us copies by mail. Failure to do so may affect the processing of your case;
- Sealed Medical Examination Results from one of the Immigration-approved Physicians listed on the enclosed sheet. Each applicant will need to make an appointment with one of the doctors listed, and take the Form I-693 and Supplement Form for the doctor to complete. We will provide the Form and Supplement to you when we mail all forms for signature. The doctor will also have this available at their office. Please do not open the envelope. We will submit the sealed envelope together with the requested forms and supporting documentation. For a list of approved physicians near you, please visit the CIS website at https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV; and
- Checks or money orders payable to U.S. CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICE to cover the applicable immigration filing fees:
- $1,010.00 for each I-485 green card application ($600.00 for children age 13 or under if filing with one parent, otherwise $930.00 if filing separately).
If you would like further information about specific case scenarios or situations, please call our office or email us at email@example.com to speak to one of experienced immigration attorneys.
DISCLAIMER: The confidential information provided in this memorandum is for information purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. This information is not intended to create an attorney-client or other relationship between Kuck Immigration Partners LLC and the recipient. The reader should consult with an immigration attorney before acting in reliance on any such information.