To provide the United States Citizenship Immigration Service ("USCIS") proof of the fact that you and your spouse were, indeed, legally married and functioned together as a married couple, you should provide us several of the documents listed below:
  1. Leases or property deeds with both your names.
  2. Joint bank account statements for the last six months (an account in both your names).
  3. Life or health insurance policies or notices with either of you as the beneficiary of the other's policy.
  4. Copies of your wife's Social Security card, driver's license, or other official document showing married name (if wife has taken husband's name as a result of the marriage).
  5. Joint credit card (e.g., Visa or MasterCard) accounts or other credit card account statements.
  6. Joint purchases or loan documents (car, boat, appliances, furniture, etc.).
  7. Joint income tax return.
  8. At least 10 color copies of photographs of your wedding, honeymoon or other special occasion where both of you are featured.
  9. Copies or originals of any letters you wrote to each other, or even any correspondence between either of your parents and either of you, with envelopes.
  10. Birth certificates of any children born of the marriage.
  11. Your and your spouse’s birth certificates and marriage certificates.
  12. Copy of last years tax returns of USC Spouse.
  13. Any divorce decrees of either spouse.


This e-mail does not constitute direct legal advice and is for informational purposes only. The information provided should never replace informed counsel when specific immigration-related guidance is needed.
Copyright © 2015 Kuck Immigration Partners LLC. All rights reserved.

Contact Us

Your Name *
Your Email *
Confirm Your Email *
Your Contact Number
Your Question *
Answer the Question*
Indicated Required *

Submit a Review

Your Name *
Subject *
Email *
Phone Number *
Your Review *
Answer the Question*
Indicates Required *