Kuck Immigration Partners LLC
- USCIS Proposes Rule on Registration Requirement for H-1B Petitioners - The rule, which would not take effect until next year, proposes to require employers seeking to petition for H-1B cap-subject workers to first file electronic registrations during a designated registration period.
- USCIS Announces Relief for Japanese, Pacific Nationals Stranded in U.S. Following Quake, Tsunami - Those who have exceeded or are about to exceed their authorized stay in the U.S. may be permitted up to an additional 30 days to depart.
- USCIS Provides Interim EADs To Some Salvadorans - USCIS mailed approximately 4,500 interim EADs to Salvadorans who have not yet received a final action on their re-registration applications.
- New Mumbai U.S. Consulate To Open Later in 2011; H and L Interviews Limited in Meantime - New H and L interviews may be scheduled at other U.S. Consulates in India or at the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi.
- USCIS To Permanently Close Vietnam Office on March 31 - As of March 25, applications and petitions previously accepted by the USCIS Ho Chi Minh City Field Office may be filed with the U.S. Department of State Consular Section there.
- Obama Won't Support DOMA in Court Challenges: Business Immigration Implications - President Obama has determined that Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is unconstitutional and will no longer defend it in court.
Also in this issue:
New Publications and Items of Interest
Government Agency Links
This e-mail does not constitute direct legal advice and is for informational purposes only. The information provided should never replace informed counsel when specific immigration-related guidance is needed.
Copyright © 2011 Kuck Immigration Partners LLC. All rights reserved.
Return to top