As our Firm closely monitors the corona-virus (COVID-19) outbreak, we wanted to provide an update on our operational changes and policies at the firm. The health and well-being of our staff and clients are of the utmost priority, so we are taking precautionary steps to protect everyone as we head into unknown territory. Our thoughts go out to anyone who has already been affected by the outbreak of the corona-virus.
We remain open for business during our normal business hours. Our phones are being answered, all emails reviewed and responded, and all messages returned the same day we received them. But, we have updated some in-office operations and policies to support hygiene, travel, and social distancing measures recommended by the CDC.
· We are open for business as usual. Even though Immigration Court has postponed Master Calendar (non-final) hearings for non-detained persons through April 11, 2020, USCIS has NOT closed, and likely will not close as a vast majority of their operations are done remotely by their employees. In person interviews at local USCIS appear to be continuing as well.
· However, we are drastically limiting our own firm travel for the foreseeable future.
· We are still doing in-person client meetings, but client appointments and consultations can also take place via phone and video. We will accommodate those meetings with our partners. Our paralegals will generally not be meeting in person with anyone during the duration of this pandemic. But, all of our staff are available by Skype, Messenger, Zoom, WhatsApp, Facetime, or just about any video chat system our clients would like to use. Just let us know, and we will make the video call happen!
· All of our paralegals have been asked to work from home through this crisis, but may be reached as if they are in the office. Our office is set up for remote work, and we have been using it extensively for years.
· Our reception remains open, but we ask all visitors to wash their hands before entering our office (the bathrooms are conveniently located down the hallway from our office door).
· Our clients may continue to drop off documents in our office. We will have a special box on our reception countertop for the deposit of those documents, but we do encourage our clients to use priority mail, or electronic delivery of documents, when they are able to do so.
· While we love our clients, we will not be shaking your hand when we meet in person, and we will be wiping down all surfaces in our office multiple times a day, including all seats and tables, both before and after meetings. For now, an elbow bump will have to do!
We are also increasing our social distancing measures, while maintaining the highest level of client service you expect from our firm, by equipping our staff with the ability to telecommute. During these challenging times, we will continue to ensure that all government deadlines are met and that we remain as responsive as possible to our clients.
There will be further communications sent from the firm regarding immigration-related considerations for you and/or your staff members as developments and information become available. If you have any specific questions or concerns in the meantime, please reach out directly to your Kuck Baxter Immigration attorney and service team.
Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones as we continue to navigate this global health challenge. Your health and safety are important to us. We know that the plans above may disrupt operations, but we are working to keep these to a minimum.
Kuck Baxter Immigration’s Commitment to Uninterrupted Service
Kuck Baxter Immigration is committed to providing compassionate client service during this time of uncertainty. Employers, employees, and business partners affected by immigration issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic should immediately seek support and guidance from their Kuck Baxter attorney or paralegal. We also assure you that Kuck Baxter Immigration’s commitment and ability to provide exceptional services remains the same.
We appreciate your understanding as we navigate this unprecedented situation, and wish you, your family, colleagues and friends wellness and safety.
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any further questions.
Charles H. Kuck
For up-to date information, you can find more information on
You can also get constantly updated news on our Facebook page.
Feel free to reach out with any questions or for help in your immigration case at 404-816-8611 or email@example.com.