Work Visa Lawyers in Atlanta, Georgia

If you want to live and work in the U.S., there are several work visa options available to you. These visas include the H-1B, the H-1B1, H-2A, H-2B, H-3, L, O, P-1, P-2, P-3, or Q-1 visa. Each visa has its own qualification requirements. If you want to hire a foreign worker under these visa programs, it is important that you meet all requirements and qualifications. Individuals who wish to hire Mexican nationals or Canadians can also seek TN visa status under the North American Free Trade Agreement. This visa has its own set of requirements, limitations, and fields in which persons are permitted to work.

Individuals who want to do business in the U.S. or invest in the U.S. also have other visa options. If you are an employer, worker, or an entrepreneur looking to work in the U.S., consider reaching out to Kuck Baxter Immigration, work visa attorneys in Atlanta, Georgia. Our firm can review your needs, help you apply and gather all required documentation, and protect your rights as you navigate the work visa application process.

What Work Visa Do I Qualify For?

With so many work visa options available, it can be tough to know which visa option you should apply for. Some applicants may qualify for more than one type of visa. In this case, reviewing each visa type with your immigration lawyer can be helpful when deciding which visa avenue to pursue. Some individuals may think that they don’t qualify for a work visa, when they, in fact, do. So, when seeking to hire or when planning to work in the U.S., it is sometimes helpful to hire  a work visa attorney in Atlanta, Georgia, like Kuck Baxter Immigration.

Here are some of the different visa types available to foreign workers, according to the U.S. Department of State:

  • H1-B. If you have a higher education or advanced degree and work in a specialty occupation and have a job offer, you may qualify for this visa. Only a limited number are issued each year.
  • H-2A. This visa is offered to temporary agricultural workers. This visa may only be granted to citizens of specifically approved countries.
  • H-2B. This is visa is offered to individuals performing seasonal work in the U.S. The visa is also only granted to citizens of specifically approved countries.
  • H-3. If you are enrolled in a special training program in the U.S. not available in your home country, you may qualify for this visa.
  • The L visa is granted to foreign workers who are transferred to work in a branch in the U.S. The visa is limited to employees who have specialized knowledge. In order to qualify for this visa, the worker must have been employed in the company for at least one year, prior to the transfer within the last three years.
  • If you have extraordinary ability or have considerable achievement in the arts, sports, sciences, business, education, or in the motion picture industry, you may be able to work under this visa category.
  • P-1. Individuals working for a team or as a member of an entertainment group, or support workers for the team can apply to work in the U.S. under a P-1 visa.
  • P-3. If you are working as a coach, teacher, or performer in a cultural group, for folk, musical, theatrical, or artistic performances, you may qualify under this visa.
  • Q-1. This is the cultural exchange visa, available to individuals working in a cultural exchange program.
  • Investment visas. If you plan to invest substantial capital or plan to create jobs in the U.S. through your business, you may qualify for an investor or entrepreneur visa. Individuals must be a member of a treaty country, and must meet strict requirements regarding percentage of business owned by treaty country nationality, must show that the business will have a significant economic impact in the U.S., and must show that you can support yourself and your family on the money earned through the enterprise. There are several visa options for this category, and if you plan to apply, you may want to speak to a qualified work visa lawyer to ensure that you meet and honor all requirements and obligations.
  • TN visa. If you work in certain fields, you may be entitled to seek a TN visa if you are a Canadian or Mexican citizen. The requirements for each country, job offers, and education varies, so it is wise to speak to a qualified work visa lawyer before applying or hiring a worker under the TN visa.

United States of America social security and green card.

There are many options for hiring or working in the U.S. if you are a foreign worker. These are by no means all the options available. For example, some individuals may be able to apply for green cards or other immigration statuses. A qualified work visa lawyer like Kuck Baxter Immigration can review your circumstances and help you plan the best path forward.

However, in order to successfully receive a work visa, you must meet all requirements and submit all applications. Kuck Baxter Immigration are work visa lawyers in Athens, Georgia who may be able to help you get a work visa and who can help employers hire foreign workers. If you have questions, we have answers. Contact us today to learn more.

Hiring Foreign Workers 

If you plan to hire foreign workers, you must be able to verify that the worker is authorized to work in the U.S. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has specific requirements that workers must meet for each work visa type. Choosing the right kind of visa process can make a difference in how long a worker can work for you and the cost of hiring the worker. Different visas will have different burdens of proof and documentation requirements. Kuck Baxter Immigration are work visa lawyers who can help you navigate the hiring process. A work visa lawyer can help you find the path of least resistance. Visit Kuck Baxter Immigration today to learn more about your options. We can help.