STUDENT AND VISITOR VISAS
The B-1 visa category allows foreign business persons to enter the U.S. for temporary periods of time to “conduct business.” A B-1 business visitor is usually granted a period of entry for 30 days, unless he can demonstrate at the port of entry that a longer period of admission is needed for the purpose of his trip.
The general requirements for entry in B-1 status are that the foreign national:
- Is entering the U.S. for a limited period of time
- Intends to depart at the end of the stay
- Maintains a foreign residence with no intent to abandon it
- Possesses sufficient financial means to stay in the U.S. without accepting employment
- Engages solely in “legitimate business visitor activities”